Outstanding results in the HSC
Higher School Certificate
- HSC All Round Achievers
- 2nd place in Industrial technology 2015
- Dux for 2016 achieved ATAR score of 98.05
- Dux for 2014 achieved ATAR score 99.15
- Dux for 2013 achieved ATAR score of 99.25
- Dux for 2012 achieved ATAR score of 99.65
- Top Achiever in Italian Continuers 2013
- 2nd place in Dance and Studies of Religion 1, 2010
- 2nd place in French Beginners 2011
- 9th place in Mathematics 2012
- 100% in Music Extension 1. 2010
- Selection for InTech 2014
- 9 students nominated for their exemplar projects in Dance, Drama and Visual Arts
Each year at St Mary’s we celebrate the achievement of our girls’ HSC results. These results are a combination of the hard work of the girls, their parents and teachers.
St Mary’s Year 12 students of 2016 can be very proud of their results. The top range of marks, those over 90%, is examined most critically in the media and whilst St Mary’s is proud of its performance at the top end it is often the middle and even the bottom ranges that tell you more about a school. It is particularly pleasing to note that the middle range of students achieved very pleasing results, with over 78% of all results being recorded as either Band 6s, Band 5s and Band 4s. The number of students who make up our “academic tail” has continued to remain low.
- Number of Band 6 results - 105
- HSC Course average marks above the State mean in 28 subjects
- Students achieving Band 6:
English Ext 1 57%
Studies of Religion 46%
Music 1 43%
Industrial Tech 25%
Mathematics Ext 1 22%
Visual Arts 21%
- 88% of students who applied for UOW Early Admissions were successful
Distinguished Achievers List:
The Distinguished Achievers List contains the names of any students who achieved Band 6 (ie gained a HSC mark in of 90% or greater) for a course, or in the case of extension courses, Band E4. In 2016, 50 students were named on the Distinguished Achievers List and there were 105 Band 6 results.
Schools do not receive any information from UAC about the ATARs (Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank) achieved by our students. Our top ATAR 2016 (DUX of the school) was Isabella Todd with a result of 98.05. Congratulations Isabella on such an outstanding achievement.